The vast majority of pet owners choose to leave their beloved family pets in boarding kennels and catteries. Here are some tips on how to pick a reputable company.
Table of Contents
Will my pet be safe in boarding kennels or catteries? This is the first question most pet owners ask themselves when choosing a pet hotel. The easiest way to put your mind at ease is to visit the home and see how they operate. If you are considering Wiltshire Boarding Kennels & Catteries, ask them a few questions when you visit their site.
- How long have they been in business?
- Who will take care of your pet?
- Where will they be staying?
- How do they deal with sick pets?
- What qualifications do they hold?
Facilities & Staff
Most family pets won’t like being away from their homes and owners, but a first-class pet home will have methods in place to relieve tension and stress.
- They should house cats individually or with other family members.
- Dogs are more social animals and need human contact, so employees of the care home are very important in this regard.
- Bring some toys from home to help your pet relax. In addition, you may want to bring along your pet’s favourite treats. If the home allows, you could bring your pets bedding and blankets to make them feel more comfortable in their new surroundings.
Always visit the pet home before you make a decision, you’ll learn a lot from speaking to the staff and walking around the kennels and catteries.